We are happy to announce the winner of our iPad mini give away.
According to our rules the winner number depends on number of participants.
Before beginning of the contest we’ve prepared a randomly generated file of pairs:
Each participant received a hash code for the file so anyone can verify there are no manipulations on our side and the winner is selected trully randomly. At the bottom of the page you can see the program we've used to determine the winner.
We had 1282 participants but 2 numbers are disqualified because their posts either were deleted or not publicly visible at time of contest drawing (4th of April) as it should be according to the rules. So we have to use 1280 as a number of participants.
And the winning entry is #939 and the iPad Mini goes to Andrey Chikunov for his post to Facebook.
Andrey, please contact us via www.myclasses.org and we’ll post your prize in a couple of weeks.
If Andrey does not contact us in 1 week by April 15th we will hold another draw and determine a new winner. So if you have participated in the contest we advise you to like our Facebook page as you still have a chance to win the iPad Mini.
Others, please like our Facebook page to get notified about our next giveaway contest.
Thanks for participation & stay tuned!
You can discuss this giveaway here:
- 1. The giveaway & draw is organized and held by Petamatic Limited, registered at 13 Upper Baggot street, 2nd floor, Dublin 4, Ireland. Later referenced as promoter.
- 2. The prize for the draw is one iPad mini.
- 3. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- 4. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- 5. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in this Official Rules.
- 6. Contest is open only to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry.
- 7. Employees of Petamatic ltd, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related are not eligible.
- 8. Entries must be done at any website of MyClasses.org group through a dedicated “I want to learn” form.
- 9. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- 10. Entries are closed on 12pm, 28th February 2013. If by closing date there are less then 1,000 participants the entries period is expanded for another month. And so forth until number of entries reach 1,000.
- 11. The entry process consists of next steps:
- 11.1. Completion participant registration form (email, name) if user is not registered at promoter’s website yet. If user is already registered he/she can sign-in with existing credentials.
- 11.2. Completion of entry form – participant must specify what and where he/she want to learn.
- 11.3. Share the completed form with his peers using Facebook or Twitter
- 12. Upon entry form completion participant will receive his/here unique sequence number for the draw to email used during registration at website.
- 13. For each share to social network participant receives a separate unique sequence number.
- 14. Each participant can receive no more then 2 unique sequence numbers.
- 15. Duplicate/repeated shares to the same social network (Facebook, Twitter) are not counted.
- 16. The entry should be qualified for the draw:
- 16.1. If participant is registered with an email he/she should confirm his/here email by the draw date.
- 16.2. Messages with bad words and not related to the "I want to learn" subject will be disqualified from participation. Including but not limited to:
- contains threats, discredits, insults, defiles honor, dignity or business reputation or violates the privacy of other Users or third parties;
- infringes on the rights of minors;
- is vulgar or obscene, contains foul language, contains pornographic images and texts or sexual scenes with the participation of minors;
- describes means and methods of suicide, contains any instigation to commit suicide;
- propagandizes and/or contributes to racial, religious, ethnic hatred or hostility, propagandizes fascism or racial superiority;
- contains extremist materials;
- propagandizes criminal activity or contains advices, instructions or guides for criminal activities;
- contains restricted information including but not limited to government and trade secrets, information on the private life of third persons;/li>
- advertises or describes the attractiveness of using drugs, including “digital drugs” (audio files affecting the human brain through binaural rhythms), contains information on drug trafficking, drug recipes and drug consumption recommendations;
- is of fraudulent nature;
- or infringes other rights and interests of individuals and legal entities or requirements of Russian legislation;
- 16.3. Shared posts should be publicly visible (on Facebook and/or Twitter) till and on the date of the draw.
- 16.4. If the winning entry is not qualified for some reason(s) a new winning number is selected until the eligible winner is found.
- 17. The draw takes place on 1st of March 2013 and winner will be selected randomly.
- 18. Draw procedure and proof of honesty.
- 18.1. The winning numbers are randomly pre-generated as a pairs of “NUMBER_OF_PATICIPANTS: WINNING_SEQUENCE_NUMBER” for number of participants in range between 2000 and 40000 and saved to a text file prior to the beginning to the draw opening.
- 18.2. The file with generated numbers is hashed with SHA256 algorithm and the hash is publicly announced prior to the draw opening.
- 18.3. If the winner selected by draw is for any reason is not eligible number of participants is decreased (by 1) and new winning number is selected. This is repeated until eligible participant found.
- 19. Winner announcement and prize claim procedures
- 19.1. The winner and a HASH code to verify honesty of the draw will be announced at Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/myclassesorg and at Twitter https://twitter.com/myclassesorg by latest 7th of March 2013.
- 19.2. The winner must claim his/here prize within 1 week after the winning sequence number is announced by providing the promoter with his/here postal address by email to email@example.com. It’s strongly advised to subscribe to the http://www.facebook.com/myclassesorg and to https://twitter.com/myclassesorg to ensure the winner did not miss his/here prize.
- 19.3. If the winner did not claim the prize the draw is repeated according to the rules defined in paragraph #14 and the next winner is selected. The new winner is announced as described in paragraph #15 within 7 days after the previous winner claim deadline. The new winner should claim his/here prize in the same way as described in paragraph #15. This procedure is repeated until eligible participant claims the prize.
- 20. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 21. Shipping and taxes:
- 21.1. Promoter pays shipping costs to any country by standard post.
- 21.2. If winner wants shipping by some special courier company he/she should pay for the shipping costs.
- 21.3. Promoter will pass the prize to shipping company within maximum 3 weeks after the winner provided his postal address.
- 21.4. Promoter will provide shipping tracking number to the winner within 3 days after prize passed to shipping company.
- 21.5. Once prize is passed to the shipping company the promoter is not responsible for delivery.
- 21.6. The winner pays all custom fees, taxes and other expenses incurred by laws of winner’s country.
- 22. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- 23. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. The promoter will notify any changes to the competition to entrants at http://www.facebook.com/myclassesorg and/or at https://twitter.com/myclassesorg as soon as possible.
- 24. Irish law will govern the competition and these terms and conditions and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Republic of Ireland.
The winner will be chosen randomly from all eligible candidates. All candidates get a personal draw number(s) when enter the competition.
The best way to prove we are absolutely honest is to randomly generate a secret winning number before competition is started and publicly share digital signature of the number that would not allow us to change it later.
As we don’t know in advance how many participants we’ll have by closing date (and thus not able to generate a single random number in advance) we have decided to generated a list of pairs: number of participants and corresponding random winning number (that is greater then zero and less or equal the number of participants). Let's say by end of entrance period we have 2,458 draw tickets. Then the pairs would look like this (NB: this is not real numbers):
|Number of participants||Winning number|
Then this pairs are saved to a plain text file where each line has format “NUMBER_OF_PARTICIPANTS:WINNING_NUMBER” and all lines are separated by a single line break (\n char). So for our example the file will looks like this:
===== BEGIN OF THE FILE WITH WINNING NUMBERS ======= 1:1 … 2456:259 2457:1564 2458:545 … ===== END OF THE FILE WITH WINNING NUMBERS =========
There would be 99,000 winning numbers generated for number of participants in range between 1,000 and 100,0000.
Also the file would contain a code of Python program used to generate this random winning numbers.
We’ve hashed the file with private key using SHA256 algorithm and the public digital hex signature value is:
To make your sure we did not change the signature key we'll send it to you by email at the moment of your entering to the draw.
Once the draw entrance is closed we’ll publish the file and everyone will be able to verify the winning number.
Using this approach you and we can ensure our employees or anyone else do not manipulate the draw as the winning number depends on number of participants (that is random number not known in advance). And you and anyone else can verify it was randomly generated in advance and the drawing is absolutely honest.
So why don't give it a chance?
Here you can check that every entry is counted.
- #1282 on Sun, 31 Mar 2013, 16:47 GMT posted to Twitter
- #1281 on Sun, 31 Mar 2013, 12:39 GMT posted to Twitter
- #1280 on Sun, 31 Mar 2013, 12:39 GMT posted to Facebook
- #1279 on Sun, 31 Mar 2013, 00:33 GMT posted to Facebook
- #1278 on Sat, 30 Mar 2013, 23:33 GMT posted to Facebook
- #1277 on Sat, 30 Mar 2013, 20:05 GMT posted to Facebook
- #1276 on Sat, 30 Mar 2013, 20:05 GMT posted to Facebook
- #1275 on Sat, 30 Mar 2013, 11:17 GMT posted to Facebook
- #1274 on Sat, 30 Mar 2013, 11:16 GMT posted to Twitter
- #1273 on Sat, 30 Mar 2013, 10:18 GMT posted to Facebook